Monday, August 10, 2009

What a Weekend Monday!

We had a GREAT weekend!! As far back as I can remember I have always been one to want to make others happy. I always used to find ways to surprise my mom or my sister after I moved out of the house. I on the other hand have never been surprised. My instincts from growing up were to always know what was going on.

Well as of this past Friday that has changed!! I am HAPPY to say. I actually like surprises more than I ever thought I would. On Friday my Frank surprised me by coming home early. The funny part was that he was in the car and I knew he was in the car and not at work, but he had told me he had to go to another bldg. to do some work. To my surprise not 2 seconds after I hung up the phone he walked in the door. I was SO happy to see him! Then just a few hours later my sister pulls up at my house and surprises me. She wasn't suppose to be here until Sat. around noon sometime.

So we hung out and stayed up half the night talking. Which was much needed and enjoyed!

Saturday again was a very fun day! We got to go run around and go to some resale shops, which we LOVE to do. Found all kinds of good bargains!! Then came home ate some lunch and later in the afternoon took all the kids to the Grape Festival in Tontitown. We were a little worried that it was going to be too hot, or too crowded, or the kids wouldn't want to ride the rides. To our surprise as hot as it was (98degrees) we were having so much fun watching the kids have so much fun the heat didn't really bother us. Bella and Zachary had so much fun riding rides together! Aden and Bella slept 1/2 the time. Marcus rode so many spinning rides he swore off ever going to another fair and Natalie had a blast! I even got to eat Grape ice cream which I thought was pretty good. We went at the best time to b/c they had a special from 4pm-6:30pm that all rides were 1 ticket and we got 22 tickets for 20$! Can't beat that for a fair!

Sunday we were so happy that Hannah went to church with us. She did think the praise and worship was a little different, and that led to her being scared about the service. To her surprise she liked the sermon and even said her pastor had preached on the same thing. It was good for her to see that just because the people look different than she is used to, we all love God and are here for the same reasons.

After church we packed her up and she headed back home and we all relaxed at home for most of the afternoon. That evening Frank walked with the babies and I rode my bike with the older 2 (might I say I haven't done in a while and my booty is sore today).

We had a MUCH needed very FUN weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment